Kolokithokeftedes have to be one of our favourite Summer dishes, and we love this Gluten-Free recipe!
Greek Zucchini Fritters (Gluten-Free recipe)
- 4 large zucchini, grated
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 100g feta, crumbed
- 100g kefalograviera cheese, grated
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 3 tbs parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tbs mint, finely chopped
- 1 tbs dill, finely chopped
- 1 cup plain gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp Sparoza fleur de del
- Pinch of cracked pepper
- Olive oil for shallow frying
- Place zucchini in a bowl and sprinkle with some sea salt. Set aside for 10 minutes then use your hands to squeeze excess liquid from zucchini.
- Combine zuchini, shallots, cheeses, eggs, herbs, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper in a bowl. Place mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes so fritters are easier to roll.
- Remove mixture from fridge. If too runny, add some more flour.
- Roll into small patties. Dust patties with extra flour for a crispier coating.
- Heat oil in frypan over medium heat. Cook patties for two minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve with tzatziki.
This recipe was created by the lovely Helen from Hungry and Fussy - be sure to visit her blog for more gluten-free recipes and inspiration!