This dip is the perfect accompaniment to bbq meat, chicken, and vegetables, or as a dip enjoyed with crusty bread. This dip is not for the faint hearted, it is intensely hot and fiery, and the minute you put it in your mouth, you will know about it!
- 1 small ripe tomato
- 150g Bulgarian or Greek feta cheese
- 1 Jalapeno chilli
- 4 Birdseye chillies
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of dried oregano
- cracked black pepper
- Place the feta cheese into a medium sized bowl
- Using the back of a fork, push the feta down until it is all crumbled and squashed
- Dice the tomato into small pieces, and add to the bowl of feta
- Cut the chillies as finely as possible, and add them to the bowl
- Add the olive oil, oregano and cracked pepper to the bowl, and stir until everything is well combined
- If you are baking the dip in the oven, place the mixture into a small frying pan, and then onto a baking tray (If the dip splatters and spills while it is baking, which is highly likely, the mess will be contained)
- Bake in a preheated oven at 250 degrees celcius for 15 minutes. The dip should be bubbling hot and a little crusty on top.
- If you are cooking the dip on a bbq, place the frying pan onto the bbq for 15 minutes or until bubbling hot. Alternatively, place the mixture into the centre of a piece of foil. Wrap the foil up into a parcel, ensuring all the edges are sealed. Place on a hot bbq for 15 minutes.
- The dip should be bubbling hot, crusty and a little messy